Is your project a potential candidate? Please review the following requirements:
For the projects:
- Projects must be related to the areas of life sciences.
- Projects must have a clear focus on innovation, with specific relevant milestones towards the transfer of the asset/s to the market.
- Projects must belong to one of the following business areas: therapeutics, medical devices, diagnostics or digital health.
For the applicant institutions:
- They must be public-sector or non-profit legal entities based in Spain or Portugal.
- Type of entity: universities, university foundations, research and transfer centres, technology centres, hospitals, hospital foundations and non-profit institutions whose main activity is biomedical research.
- They must be the owner or co-owner of the asset/s resulting from the research.
- The same institution may complete more than one application provided that they are associated with different asset/s resulting from different research projects.
- Established companies are not eligible to apply to the call or to be partner institutions in consortia.
For the project leaders:
- Project leaders must be individuals with tertiary qualifications (university graduate, doctor or professor).
- The project must be the project leaders’ main occupation, and project leaders may not be involved in more than one application as project leader.
- The project leader may or may not be the principal investigator of the research project that generated the asset/s.
- The project leader must be connected to the applicant institution and they will require the institution’s consent to be able to submit the application.